Université de Liège, GIGA - IT Specialist
Université de Liège, GIGA
Personne de contact
Université de Liège, GIGA, Marie-Jeanne Toussaint
Description du poste
This IT specialist will help the researchers to structure and exploit their massive data, using the mass data storage implemented inside the GIGA center. In that purpose, he/she will review the functional data architecture and structure, implement it in the mass data storage and train the researchers to securely store and archive their data. He will also participate in exploiting these data and in choosing the right tools for the most efficient treatment.
He/she will understand the technical architecture (managed by the central IT organization inside University of Liège) and will ensure the matching of the data structure to that technical architecture, ensuring the efficiency of the treatments, the data security and availability (functional level) as well as the long term archiving. He will be and stay aware of the regulations in data environment and guide the researchers in their data management.
• IT graduation with experience in storage management and information system / data architecture.
• Knowledge of operating systems like Linux and storage & backup systems.
• Experience in big data, bioinformatics and / or system engineer is an asset.
• Interested by scientific matters.
• Good communicator.
• Flexible, self-motivated, and pro-active with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Experience in a research center is also an asset.
• Fluent in English; an additional language (especially French) is a plus.
How to apply ?
Please e-mail your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying as subject heading « application to GIGA IT specialist position », by May 15, 2017 (extension of the previous deadline fixed on April 28, 2017).