PROSPECT CONSULTING & SERVICES SA - EU LIFE Climate Action Sector Coordinator
RUE DU PRINCE ROYAL, 83, 1050 Ixelles, Belgique
PROSPECT CONSULTING & SERVICES SA
Description du poste
The LIFE Programme:
The LIFE programme is the EU’s funding instrument for the environment. The general objective of LIFE is to contribute to the implementation, updating and development of EU environmental and climate policy and legislation by co-financing projects with European addedvalue.
The overall objective of the framework contract is to provide the following services to the ContractingAuthority:
1. Assistance and financial and technical support for the monitoring of open LIFE projects (operating and action grants) and new LIFE projects selected under the first 4 calls for action grants, of which the first one is expected to be published in June 2014.
2. Assistance for the evaluation and selection of proposals for traditional and integrated projects.
3. Assistance in the overall analyses and reporting of the results (in terms of environmental and economic impacts and policy implications) by individual projects, strand, year, theme, Member State and the whole programme.
4. Assistance and technical support for the communication activities of the LIFE programme.
The NEEMO Consortium:
NEEMO EEIG is responsible for the monitoring of LIFE projects (LIFE Action grants) and of NGOs that receive funding from the LIFE Programme (LIFE Operational Grants). Our team also deals with all the communication aspects of the LIFE programme.
NEEMO EEIG is a legal entity that comprises 9 partner companies spread across Europe, enabling the consortium to make the best use of its resources, and to provide expertise combined with local knowledge and the necessary language skills. The 9 partner companies have a long lasting experience and expertise in the monitoring of LIFE projects and in communicating about the LIFE programme.
The EEIG headquarters is in Freiburg (Germany). The Coordination Team, responsible for the technical coordination of the contract, and the Communication Team are based in Brussels.
In the frame of this contract, we have reinforced our EEIG though a partnership with Ecologic, Technopolis Group, Ernst & Young and IMC.
The Coordination Team:
- 1 General Coordinator (GCO)
- 6 Sectoral Coordinators (SCO) in the following areas:
--- Nature and biodiversity projects and related governance and information projects in the field of nature and biodiversity;
--- Environment and resource-efficiency projects and related governance and information projects in the field of environment and resource-efficiency;
--- Climate change adaptation and mitigation projects and related governance and information projects in the field of climate change adaptation and mitigation;
--- NGO grants;
--- Communication activities;
--- Financial issues.
The sectoral coordinator shall:
- provide general coordination in his/her area of competence;
- organise regular meetings with the Contracting Authority to report on on-going activities. For the communication work specific meetings with the Contracting Authority must be held every 1-2 months;
- supervise and manage the timely delivery of quality work in the specific field falling under his/her responsibility;
- provide quality control;
- identify risks and propose solutions to problems, bottlenecks, etc.;
- facilitate practical arrangements for any required meetings and missions of their teams (e.g. the Contractor's monitoring team, communication team);
- work together with the General Coordinator.
- Excellent command of English, and notably very good writing skills, as all reports and written material submitted to the Contracting Authority must be presented in this language;
- Good reading command of at least one other EU official language.
- Proven professional experience of at least 5 years in climate change adaptation and mitigation projects and related governance and information projects in the field of climate change adaptation and mitigation;
- At least two years of experience in managing small/sizeable groups of experts (5 or more staff members or experts);
- Proven experience in project and/or programme management, including financial aspects.