BLUESQUARE.ORG - Data analyst
Watermael Boitsfort ,
Personne de contact
BLUESQUARE.ORG, Frédéric Loncelle
Description du poste
About the company:
Bluesquare is a technology, data system and data company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare supports these health stakeholders to help them make better decisions. Helping global health resources go where it matters most. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, leading NGOs and consultancies.
Bluesquare specializes in three market segments:
1. Health financing data systems. Bluesquare is the leader in data systems that support Result Based Financing (RBF), Pay for Quality (P4Q), Pay for Performance (P4P) and Performance-Based Financing (PBF). We support more than 20 countries to manage their national RBF systems, thereby supporting the allocation of tens of millions of dollars to health care providers each year. We continue to expand our digital tools to support strategic purchasing in a broader sense, in particular with a focus on health insurance, data system integration and costing. Bluesquare is leading the software rebuild of OpenIMIS, an open-source health insurance platform.
2. Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data systems. Bluesquare offers a complete solution for improved data collection, storing, integration and visualizing to help build meaningful data driven interventions. We provide services such as data warehousing, data collection, data system integration, data processing and data visualisation.
3. Data analytics data platform. Bluesquare helps clients gain in-depth understanding of specific health topics by integrating multiple data sources and data sets, data cleaning, data structuring, and data modeling. Currently our data science work focuses on disease elimination, health service access, availability and quality.
Bluesquare provides these services through several intervention types:
- Software products. Bluesquare has an in-house team of software developers focusing on four software products connected to DHIS2, a popular open-source data management platform.
- Custom software development. We build on demand specific tools for clients.
- Data system hosting, deployment and implementation. Bluesquare has an in-house hosting, deployment team that customises our products coupled to DHIS2 databases.
- Data science development. We build specific data science packages to respond to our clients’ needs.
- Strategic advice and support. Bluesquare helps our clients identify the best approaches for data and data system management. We help clients identify and combine the best available data sources in order to extract the best possible data to inform strategic decisions.
As we are growing the data science activity, we are looking for a data analyst who can work independently on a variety of data-intensive projects and support the consolidation of our data science portfolio. Your role will have different components.
- Data Analysis and visualization:
With the support of the Data Science lead, you will carry out a varied set of data analysis tasks for different projects. These analysis may involve contributing to the impact evaluation of big public health projects, building dashboards for project managers in ministries of health or in international cooperation organisations, or carrying out specific analysis on specific subjects. You will need to be able to analyze a public health question, identify the relevant data sources and implement a data analysis and visualization project independently.
- Data Science support for other segments:
You will help other segments of Bluesquare solve issues that require skills in your data scientist toolset. This may include compiling different data sources using complex name matching algorithms, help efficiently clean a dataset, evaluate the quality of a new data source, analyze the measurement requirements from a client and assess its feasibility with the available data systems. You will need to quickly learn bluesquare tools and understand specific issues and offer solutions.
- Building the Data Science segment toolbox:
You will contribute to building a set of tools and libraries used for data access, analysis and visualization. You will also contribute to define and implement the technical infrastructure to efficiently access and analyze data, and share results with a diversity of clients.
- Technical Writing:
You will help the data science team write technical reports, users guidelines, articles and other materials that will be useful to communicate with our clients and a wider audience. You will need to be able to explain our projects in simple and precise terms for technical and lay audiences and to structure and write a technical document.
- Independently plan and implement data analysis projects and data visualization projects and write reports
- Support other teams needs for advanced data processing and analysis
- Contribute to the development of Bluesquare’s data science codebase
- Support Bluesquare’s business development for the Data Science segment
- Contribute to the company visibility/networking on health data science and Bluesquare visibility (blogs, product descriptions, events)
We are looking for a mid-level high potential candidate with IT Project Management expertise. Public health experience is an asset.
- Master degree in a data-intensive or computational field (epidemiology, computer science, statistics, data science…)
- Fluent in French and English
- Experience in Global Health or other relevant Public Health related field
- Able to independently work in Python and the most frequent Python libraries for data science
- Experience with data analysis and reporting and working knowledge of data visualization software
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience with or willingness to learn how to work with a project management tool like Jira
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
- Team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Ability to travel to countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in the health sector or M&E activities in another sector
- Understanding of the Global Health actors and ecosystem
Brussels or anywhere in the same time zone. You will be expected to travel to countries where projects are implemented. Bluesquare is organized by product and project “squads” that require flexibility and role changes. The company is a “remote first” company that allows flexible duty stations.
- Work at the crossroad between Global Health, Health Financing & technology – using the latter to improve the former
- Join a dynamic & diverse team committed to improving health access & quality, especially for the poorest
- Manage projects impacting the lives of thousands of people
- Get first-hand experience on public health in emerging economies through analysis and site visits
Interested candidates should send their CV/bios and an introduction to email@example.com