Numeca International - Aerospace & Automotive Application Engineer
Ch. de la Hulpe 189 Terhulpse Steenweg, 1170 Brussels, Belgique
Description du poste
NUMECA, a worldwide operating CFD software company (http://www.numeca.com), develops engineering flow simulation software widely used by engineers and designers in a large range of fluid engineering applications, from Aerospace, Power Generation, Energy to Race Cars and Ships. NUMECA is rapidly expanding and is continuously looking for young and senior talented coworkers. The company has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium), subsidiaries in San Francisco (USA), Mons and Leuven (Belgium), Tokyo (Japan), Bangalore (India), Beijing (China) and Hong-Kong and is active worldwide through its network of agents and partners in Asia, Europe and America. The company employs over 100 persons in Belgium and around 130 worldwide.
* What’s the opportunity?
To further sustain and accelerate its growth, NUMECA is looking for an Aerospace & Automotive Application Engineer, to join the NUMECA International team based in Brussels. Within this role you would find yourself in the core business of NUMECA and be a member of a team promoting, supporting and improving NUMECA innovative software solutions for the Aerospace, Automotive industries.
* What will you do?
Working as part of the Aero, Auto & Multiphysics team, you will carry out numerical simulations, involving grid generation, flow computations, post-processing as well as design and optimization activities with the objectives to:
- Test and validate the new features and models in our future releases
- Support NUMECA worldwide offices network and customers in their daily use of NUMECA solutions
- Carry out highly technical projects to demonstrate the capabilities of our software
- Perform pre-sales presentations and demonstrations suited to the prospects requirement
- Conduct training classes involving participants of varying skill levels.
* What’s great about joining this team?
You will be joining a dynamic team of about 5 engineers with 3 areas of CFD expertise : external aerodynamics, thermal management and combustion modeling. You will be able to work on a wide range of applications from the aerospace, automotive, or Industrial processes sectors. This includes among other applications: drag and lift prediction and thermal analysis on aircrafts, racing cars or automotive models from our industrial partners. The position is likely to involve some travels within Europe and the opportunity to have a direct contact with the user community. You will have the opportunity to learn and develop solutions and methodologies using the latest innovations in collaboration with our expert developers.
* What do we offer?
We offer to work in a stimulating, young and multicultural environment, and to be part of a dynamic and growing company. We propose competitive package (including profit sharing) and excellent job growth opportunities and mobility within NUMECA Group.
Please send motivation letter and resume plus relevant technical papers, reports, references, etc. to: Numeca International at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate clearly the reference job number: APP18-2-NU
* Who and what are we looking for from you?
- A master degree in Fluid Mechanics is a prerequisite with master thesis or similar internship in CFD
- Prior experience with an industrial CFD package in an industrial context or research laboratory is a strong asset
- Practical experience and know-how in racing car, automotive or aerospace external aerodynamics
- Python scripting skills is welcome
- Understanding of the numerical methods for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Good knowledge of Meshers is a plus
- Fluent English language is a prerequisite for the role
- French and Dutch is a plus.
Applicants should be highly motivated and dynamic, have good analytical and communication skills, and be a team player with sound interpersonal skills. Proven abilities in engineering problem solving and written/oral communication are essential.