Toyota Motor Europe - 109044 Advanced Powertrain Technology Sr. Researcher Powertrain Research & Planning group
Avenue du Bourget 60, 1140 Brussels , Belgique
Toyota Motor Europe
Personne de contact
Toyota Motor Europe, Jean-François Parès
Description du poste
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
In order to develop future powertrain technology, we are looking for a candidate with expertise in advanced powertrain technology development.
• The candidate will develop technical projects on powertrain technology. These projects can be internal as well
as projects in collaboration with partners (e.g. through consortium programs for FVV in Germany or European
Union EUCAR research programs)
• The candidate will work in a team on internal/external advance development programs
• The candidate will represent Toyota in academic events by presenting his/her technical achievements
• Focusing point of projects will be on: C02 reduction, emission control systems, combustion system, powertrain
system or subsystem development
• You have a PhD degree in Mechanical engineering with relation to advanced powertrain development. Ideally,
you have a few years academic experience (lecturing, research project management, ... )
• You have an extensive research/development experience on powertrain
• After obtaining your PhD, you may have acquired around 3 years relevant working experience in an engineering
company, a car manufacturer, supplier or a University (asset)
• You have academic paper publications and have good visibility to different engine research organizations
• Strong out-of-box thinking and wish to challenge alternative powertrains such as Hybrid
• You are familiar with simulation tools used in internal combustion engine development such as Gt-Power,
AMESim, StarCd ...
• You are fluent in English and German
• Capability to run several activities in parallel
• Flexible team player, Open personality and able to work in an independent way with hands-on mentality
• You have good communication skills and are able to build your network in the Automotive Engineering society
• Driving license is must